David Ritchie began his career in the field of Orthotics and Prosthetics in 1991. David knew he was destined for these fields when in 1981 his father had his left leg amputated below the knee. He had first-hand experience with the challenges an amputee faces and the effect it had on his family.
His father worked hard every day of his life and now had to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional challenges that functioning with a prosthetic leg presented. The desire to help his father and family cope and learn to live with this new lifestyle lead him to the field and fueled his passion for orthotics and prosthetics.
- 1993 – Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Texas State University
- 1996 – Northwestern University Medical School Prosthetic Orthotic Center.
- 1994 – Licensed Orthotist
- 1999 – Licensed Prosthetist
- 2010 – Owner Founder of Ritchie Limb & Brace